"Neat this spot, two American Martyrs were hanged by the British during the Revolution."
LOCATION: Huntington Bay Road, North of Route 25A.
"SITE OF SAINT JOHN'S EPISCOPAL CHURCH AND BURIAL GROUND" Built in 1747. Samuel Seabury Jr. Catechist, 1748 & Later First American Bishop 1784."
LOCATION: Park Ave, Across from Huntington Hospital.
St. John's Cemetery.
"BETHAL A.M.E. CHURCH INCORPORATED in 1843. Moved in 1845 To The Building Called "The Seminary" Standing Here At That Time."
Historians office 1986
LOCATION: 291 Park Ave, across from Huntington Hospital.
The Bethel A.M.E. Church
"PLATT'S TAVERN" President Washington Dined Here April 23, 1790. Early Town Meeting Site.
State Education Dept 1932
LOCATION: Park Ave, 200 feet south of Route 25A, East side of the street.
"KISSAM HOUSE" Built in 1795 For Dr. Daniel Whitehead Kissam. He and His Son in Law Practiced Medicine From the House. Outstanding Example Of A L.I. Half House.
LOCATION: Intersection of Park Ave and North Woodhull Road.
The Kissam House.
"SILAS WOOD" 1769-1847 Author of First History of Long Island His Home Stood on this Site Until 1881
State Education Department 1936
LOCATION: 478 Park Ave, South of Kissam House
In Huntington, Built by 1653. Site Of Early Town Offices. All Slaves Manumitted From 1805 to 1823 Received Their Freedom Here."
LOCATION:424 Park Ave. across from the Arsenal.
The Oldest House in Huntington.
"THE ARSENAL" Home of Job Sammis, Weaver. Built About 1740, It Was Used By THe Local Militia To Store Their Equipment During The Revolution.
LOCATION: Park Ave, diagonally across from the Kissam House.
" SQUADRON "C" FARM" Comprising 82 Acres Owned by 101st Calvary Regt. NYNG Squadron "C" Calvary Club. 1903 to 1961.
LOCATION: Lawrence Hill Road at intersection of Donovan Drive, Huntington.
"SITE OF HUNTINGTON ACADEMY", 1793-1858. Huntington High, 1858-1959. Simpson Jr. High, 1959-1976. First Schoolhouse Built nearby in 1660.
Bicentennial Comm. 1977.
LOCATION: 100 Main Street, Huntington. ( In front of Huntington Town Hall)
" SITE OF BROWN'S POTTERY" (1863-1905) Earlier Pottery Established in 1805 by Samuel J. Wetmore.
LOCATION: Halsite Park, East Shore Road, After Number 21, Huntington.
"SITE OF CIVILIAN CONSERVATION CORPS CAMP" 1934-1938. A Federal Program to Alleviate Unemployment and Improve the Environment.
LOCATION: Old New York Avenue and Saddler Court, Huntington Station.
"EASTERN PURCHASE" From the Matinok Indians in 1656, Extended Originally to the Nissequogue River in Smithtown.
Bicentennial Comm. 1975.
LOCATION: Route 25A, 1000 feet west of Stony Hollow Road
The Squadron "C" Farm.
The Site of Brown's Pottery.
" Site of the Civilian Conservation Corps"
"SERGEI RACHMANINOFF" ( 1873-1943) In 1940-41, the Noted Composer Summered at the Honeyman Estate. ( 1/2 Mile North) Where he Wrote "Symphonic Dances".
LOCATION: Little Neck Road, across from Entrance of Centerport Beach.
"OLD NORTHPORT BURYING GROUND" Burial Site of 2nd Lt. Henry Scudder ( 1743-1822). " A brave and honest man." -Gov. Clinton in 1788.
LOCATION: Route 25A (Southside)
Home of Sergei Rachmaninoff.
The Old Northport Burying Grounds.
" SKIDMORE HOUSE" Oldest House in Village of Northport. Built by Bryant Skidmore in 1761 Near Great Cow Harbor and Red Hook.
Bicentennial Comm. of 1975.
LOCATION: Corner of Woodbine and Main Street, Northport In front of Northport Park.
The Skidmore House.
"COW HARBOR" Part of the Eastern Purchase of 1656. Later Northport, Known for Shipbuilding and Coastal Trade."
Bicentennial Comm. 1976.
LOCATION: Corner of Woodbine and Main Street, Northport.
" JOHN DEWEY ( 1859-1952) Philosopher, Educator and Humanitarian Lived here 1910-1925.
LOCATION: Opposite Number 63 on Greenlawn Road.
"LEAVING COLD SPRING HARBOR HISTORIC DISTRICT" A 19th Cent. Whaling Port.
Preservation Comm. 1976.
LOCATION: Turkey Lane; South of Route 25A
"STREET HOUSE" Home of Charles R. Street. 1824 - 1894, Town Supervisor respected lawyer, historian annotated town records. THe Laurel Group Erected 2002. Location: 31 Prospect Street, Huntington.
"COLD SPRING HARBOR" entering Cold Spring Harbor Historic District. A 19th Cent. Whaling Port.
Preservation Comm. 1976.
LOCATION: S.W. corner of Goose Hill Road and Huntington Road, Cold Spring Harbor
"ISRAEL KETCHUM" of Cold Spring Harbor While Jailed for Counterfeiting Revealed a plot to Assassinate Washington in June 1776.
LOCATION: CSH Library Park, Main Street across from Elm Place, Cold Spring Harbor.
"COLD SPRING HARBOR FIRE DEPARTMENT" Founded 1852. Fire House Built 1930 & 1970.
LOCATION: Cold Spring Harbor Fire Department, Cold Spring Harbor.
"PAPER MILL" Built by Richard Conklin Circa 1782. Produced Fine Linen Paper. Site at End of Mill Dam and Bridge, Northerly 250 feet.
Bicentennial Comm. 1975.
LOCATION: Corner of 25A and Shore Road, Cold Spring Harbor.
" OAKS CEMETERY" In Memory of Ephram Oakes, A Solider of the Revolution who Fought with General Montgomery at the Siege of Quebec 1753-1846.
LOCATION: Intersection of Beaver Hill Lane and Whistler Hill Lane, Elwood.
Home of John Dewey.
Cold Spring Harbor.
" SUFFOLK COUNTY" Organized Nov. 1, 1683. One of Original counties of the Province of New York. Originally East Riding of Yorkshire.
State Education Department 1937.
LOCATION: Route 25A, East of State Fish Hatchery, Cold Spring Harbor.